Sunday, May 1, 2016

Memento

The memory I decided to base my memento on is one from 3 years ago. The weekend after our senior prom, my friends and I went to Wildwood, NJ, a beach town with a boardwalk full of amusements and food stalls. During our trip, we bought matching hoodies, drank fresh squeezed lemonade and ate fries from Curley's, and walked on the beach in the rain.


The three materials I chose to work with were:

  • Jewelry Resin (to represent the plastic lemonade cups) 
  • Beach Sand (to represent the beach)
  • Hot pink fleece (to represent the hoodies)
 
After pouring in a small amount of resin, I added the beach sand before pouring the remaining resin into my mold (in this case, a medicine measuring cup)

While the resin cured, I covered my mold with a colander to prevent any insects or debris from getting trapped in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment